Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lost ITIN

I thought I would post this here, as this is tax return season and incase any one needs how to get a forgotten or lost Individual Tax Identification Number(ITIN) for their dependents.

I did some googling and found this address some where...so here are the easy steps.
1) call up (215) 516-4846
2) be on line for a customer service representative and tell them that you have either lost or forgotten the ITIN of your depedent.
3) You need Last name, Date of Birth, First Name, Country of Birth, Citezenship details, and the current address
.. they are pretty good, they will give you the ITIN# over the phone and a copy will be sent to your address.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot. It helped. Although the number was changed but there was a new number in the announcement i.e. 1800-908-9982.

Anna said...

Thanks guys this information really worked..thanks a million

Unknown said...

awesone guys..it worked...Took only like 5 mintues for me

Unknown said...

Wow!! Thank you all!! Rishi, you posted new number, it helped me a lot. I'm Korean so my pronunciation is not good. So when I called main number, I said to them something, they almost didn't understand what I mean. However, I called this umber, you posted, she was very kind!!

Unknown said...

Great! Thank you!!

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot ... it worked perfectly .. i used Rishi's number.

Gangadharan's Blog said...

Awesome.. This info helped me a lot..

Sean said...

first try, it's taking more than 10 min and they hung up on me before picking up!
second try, another 10min wait and then she's transferring to another rep.

Just trying to get an ITIN but they denied the application and now have the notarized documents we sent them, I need those back! we can't get another copy from Russia!

swati said...

thanks a lot...it really helped a lot.....i tried calling to the new num what rishi has posted